The Power Market Operator provides active operation on the organised electricity market for all participants of the organised electricity market.
Power market operation is a public utility service that implements activities stipulated by the Energy Act for participants from the power market field and encompasses the following activities:
- Balance Scheme management;
- Recording contracts of Balance Scheme Membership, open and closed contracts;
- Implementation of the balancing power market;
- Imbalance settlement;
- Implementation of activities connected with the Centre for RES/CHP support;
- Gathering and publishing data for providing transparency of organised electricity market operation;
- Imbalance and financial settlement of transactions connected with aforementioned activities.